Saturday 29 September 2012

Meanwhile, the totem pole oak arrives

While enjoying having the exhibition up, I have also been organising the collection & delivery of ye olde oak beam, for the Cornish totem pole commission.
Dave used his crane to get it up onto Richard's trailer, & we drove it back to Brighton. It was then hefted up stairs to my studio by three brave & fearless men, called, oddly, Mark, Luke, and John. I am sure if Matthew had been available it would have been easier. I was going to photograph them hefting it up the stairs, a step at a time, but was worried that one of them may pass out through over exertion, so didn't!
I have now been working on it for a week, lovely hard old wood, and will update with more pics soon.







































No comments:

Post a Comment